Semantic Stargate Wiki — The semantic reference regarding the Stargate universe.
||This page documents a Semantic Stargate Wiki guideline.
This guideline is generally accepted among editors and is considered a standard (not policy) that all users should follow. However, it is not set in stone and should be treated with common sense and the occasional exception. When editing this page, please ensure that your revision reflects consensus. When in doubt, discuss first on the talk page.
Semantic Stargate Wiki would not be a concise, extensive encyclopedia were it not for the many people who actively read, make changes and additions, or handle the cleanup and policy functions that expand and maintain the wiki.
There are essentially five types of visitors to Semantic Stargate Wiki:
- "Public": Semantic Stargate Wiki is an publicly-available MediaWiki-based encyclopedia that anyone can read without contributing or editing. They come to check a fact, episode event, or character periodically, eventually can make changes and create pages. Also known as IP addresses.
- Declared users: These users can edit almost any article and some internal wiki policy and project pages, they can move and rename pages but cannot delete them.
- Rollback: these trusted users are the same as the normal user, except that they have demonstrated reliable skills and numerous page edits to give them the privilege to quicky rollback article pages.
- Administrators or Admins: admins are trusted users who have also demonstrated knowledge (and adherence to) Semantic Stargate Wiki policy. Admins receive a handful of tools to expedite quick changes to articles and user accounts to maintain wiki performance, article integrity and accuracy. Admins don't get any special "say" over other users and have only one vote in matters of wiki policy and consensus. Admins have the power, with sufficient cause, to block users who violate Semantic Stargate Wiki policies, guidelines, consensus and practices.
- Bureaucrats or "b-crats": these are trusted users (or admins) who have additional tools to change user privileges on Semantic Stargate Wiki. After proper authority given from user consensus and policy, b-crats can create other admins, b-crats and rollbacks. Bureaucrats also help in disputes.