Stargate Wiki:What Semantic Stargate Wiki is not
Semantic Stargate Wiki — The semantic reference regarding the Stargate universe.
(Redirected from SG:WSWIN)
||This page is an official policy of Semantic Stargate Wiki.
This policy is considered by the community and its leadership to be the status quo of Semantic Stargate Wiki and is not to be countermanded or ignored, though changes to it can be discussed on the appropriate talk page.
As opposed to what What Semantic Stargate Wiki is, Semantic Stargate Wiki:
- IS NOT a soapbox for your own views. If you add your views to an article, make sure that everyone else's views are truthfully and completely represented as well.
- IS NOT a repository of Web links. We are not Google or the IMDB, although we do link to them from time to time. Yes, we do have links to other websites, but they are normally related to a topic covered by this Wiki.
- IS NOT a place for fan fiction and related creations. Fan fiction includes biographies, fan created clubs, places, characters, ships, events, and storylines. Fan fiction is not allowed on Stargate Wiki. All content must be substantiated or supported from official sources. If you have the resources at your disposal, you can always create your own wiki using MediaWiki software.
- IS NOT a indiscriminate source for information. Stargate Wiki is not a general encyclopedia like Wikipedia. Stargate Wiki focuses on Stargate-related content. Reference links to actual events, other fiction, or other topics unrelated to the saga are generally handled by linking to articles on Wikipedia itself.
- IS NOT your own personal web host or image host. If you want to build your own website, there are many free web hosts out there. Just do a Google search and you'll find some. Any content not related to Stargate or that has become orphaned (unused) will be removed at the discretion of the operators of the Wiki.
- IS NOT a place to list or solicit illegal downloads. No, we cannot refer you to where you can download the newest episode of Stargate or a music track from a series CD. Such actions are illegal and we do not support them, period. And, yes, queries will go unanswered.
- IS NOT a chat or talk forum. The MediaWiki software allows brief discussions but isn't designed for extended discussions, nor should it be used as such. Administrators reserve the right to archive or remove content that is not germane to an article or talk page. Contributors are asked to keep their comments succinct and appropriate.
- IS NOT a Wikipedia or Stargate Wikia copy-paste. As said previously, Wikipedia is a general encyclopedia, treating articles from the "Real World" prospective. Stargate-related articles are written from this prospective too. Stargate Wikia articles mix canon and non-canon material, and it could be difficult to separate the contents. Despite the fact that the Wikipedia Creative Commons license is almost the same than Stargate Wiki (with the exception of the non-commercial term), this habit to make copy-paste of Wikipedia or Wikia articles to fill missing articles is not approved on Semantic Stargate Wiki (except "Real World" articles). If an user does so, he will be warned on his talk page and will be encouraged to fix. If he continues to do so, he will be blocked during some time. If he persists, he will be banned indefinitely. This rule doesn't apply to "Real world" articles.
|This page uses some contents from Battlestar Wiki. The original article has been written in Battlestar_Wiki:What_Battlestar_Wiki_is_not. The revision history can be seen in the Revision history page. Battlestar Wiki text is available under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) Non commercial. If you want to reuse it you have to distribute it under the same license.|